These Chocolate Fudge Brownies are the BEST. We love them at our house and make them pretty often.
The recipe is a tweaked version of one I had from my grandmother.
Caution: These are really rich and chocolatey. If you like cakey brownies or are on a diet that would frown upon a snack of about nine million calories...these are not the brownies for you.
Here's the recipe:
2/3 c. salted butter, plus extra to grease baking dish
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate-chopped into small pieces
1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate-chopped into small pieces
1 3/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. cocoa powder
1 cup all purpose flour
Here's what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8" x 8" baking dish with butter
2. Melt 2/3 c. butter and the chocolate in a small sauce pan over low heat. Stir constantly. Do not overcook. When melted, set aside to cool for about 5-10 minutes.
3. Cream together the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Use a stand or hand mixer on medium-high speed. Cream/beat for about 5 minutes or until pale yellow and really creamy.
4. Add the chocolate and mix well on low speed. Then add the cocoa powder and flour and stir just until blended.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick stuck into the center comes out fairly clean.
Best enjoyed warm with a giant scoop of ice cream.
If you make these brownies I would love to hear your thoughts!